Constitution of the new SFEE BoD
New President of SFEE Mr. Olympios Papadimitriou
Athens, 26 March 2018 – Today, SFEE’s new Board of Directors held its first meeting and was constituted as follows:
President: Mr Olympios Papadimitriou, General Manager of Novo Nordisk.
Alternate President: Mr Konstantinos Panagoulias, General Manager of Vian and Vice-President of Vianex.
- Mr Konstantinos Panagoulias, responsible for Economic and Growth-related Matters (General Manager of Vian and Vice-President of Vianex),
- Yiannis Vlontzos, responsible for HTA and Negotiation (President and Managing Director of Merck), with Mr. Spyros Filiotis as his alternate (Vice-President and General Manager of Pharmaserve-Lilly)
- Markos Gerassopoulos, responsible for Pharmaceutical Expenditure (Country Chair of Sanofi),
- Marios Kosmidis, responsible for Pricing (Chairman and CEO of Win Medica)
- Christos Dakas, responsible for Scientific Matters and Clinical Trials (Managing Director of Shire)
- Stavros Theodorakis, responsible for Communication (President and Managing Director of Chiesi).
Secretary General and responsible for Documentation: Mr. Dimitrios Anagnostakis (President and Managing Director of Boehringer Ingelheim).
Treasurer: Mr. Harry Nardis (Chairman of BoD and Managing Director of Astellas Pharmaceuticals).
Mr. Nikolaos Varelas (CEO of Galenica),
Mr. Panagiotis Giannouleas (General Manager of Angelini Pharma),
Mr. Constantinos Evripides (CEO of Genesis Pharma),
Mr. Marios Katsikas (President and CEO of Faran),
Mr. Zachary Ragousis (President and Managing Director of Pfizer).
It is noted that the responsibility for the Secretariat General for Ethics and Transparency, as well as for contacts with the Directorate General of EFPIA, will remain with the Director General of SFEE, Mr. Michael Himonas.
The President and the Board of Directors undertake to steer SFEE through one of the most difficult times our country has experienced in recent decades.
The new President of SFEE, Mr. Olympios Papadimitriou, stated: “The period ahead will be even more difficult, and the best way to deal with it is a united SFEE that will work to provide a single and strong voice in the healthcare sector, in line with the pharmaceutical industry’s role as an important partner of the government in the formulation of healthcare policy. Now, more than ever, we need a strong Association with sound internal operating rules, with a clear administrative structure, with high-skilled and competent staff, and capable of expressing the pharmaceutical industry over time and across its diversity. Our guides for the future are an adjustment of public pharmaceutical expenditure within a realistic framework; respect for innovation; control on demand and substitution; and support to domestic production, with a view to restoring the lost balance in the best interests of patients”.
For further information:
Maria Leontari, Communications Director ΣΦΕΕ
Tel. 210 6821040, e-mail: email@example.com